Friday, June 20, 2008

Breakfast at Sarathan

Day 3 at Sarathan Records:

I was running a little late today. I packed up my lunch,.. and some more food for breakfast. As I walked from 3rd & Union up to Howell and Minor, I couldn't help but smile and say G'mornin'! to passersby. The sun was bright and shining!, sidewalks began to fill with with business people, homeless awoke from their slumber, tourists lugged around roley-suitcases sporting goofy visors or cameras around their necks. I just continued walking my many blocks from the busstop full of happiness or joy or whatever you'd like to call it. Contentment, maybe that's a better word.

I arrived at the office, climbed the stairs, but my junk on my desk and kept walking right out to the back porch. I pulled out a bag of fresh strawberries and my favorite Red Raspberry Yoplait yogurt. Glancing out at the Seattle skyline I felt pretty stinkin' good about my life. I love it.

I enjoyed breakfast at Sarathan and began to get to work at my desk as the sun kept rising into the almost-cloudless sky.

5 comments:

  1. wow, that record label sounds pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I will post your recomandation tonight.
    I also enjoyed your blog.
    By the way, want to make link exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading your "things to do before I die" list (aka Bucket List) and I have only done 6 of those things. They probably aren't the coolest on the list, my list would probably include going to Seattle and you do that every darn day.

    I've done:
    skinnydipping
    met Incubus before a show with TheStart
    experienced NYC for a week in 2002
    flown somewhere to see a band play(Irvine, CA - radio festival that included Counting Crows/Billy Idol/Go-Gos/Third Eye Blind/Wallflowers/Eve 6)
    Shaved my head (not a big deal for a dude
    long road trip with friends (indiana to NYC)

    I'm sure I'll end up on the West Coast in some capacity either that or Arizona-ish. The weather in Indiana and Ohio (the two places that I've lived) isn't the best and would like to move somewhere nicer.

    btw, your breakfast sounds amazing...I'm lucky enough to grab a bagel from Panera bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katy - thanks for your comment on my blog recently - will give the tracka listen as soon as..

    In the meantime, added you to my links as I like your style!

    Glad to see life is good - makes a change from much on the blogosphere.

    Cheers from Scotchland...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ada t: sure thing! I'll add you to my links :)

    sweetbob:
    Very cool! Skinnydipping should have been checked off my list a long time ago as there are tons of lakes around here. Met Incubus, eh?? Sweet!! They are my favorite band:) I imagine they were pretty cool? ..My best friend and I are thinking of planning a trip to NYC for a week next summer..Hopefully I have enough money in my pocket for such a trip! And finally, I highly recommend a trip to the Pacific Northwest ;) I will never live anywhere else!

    CBQ:
    Thanks! I'm excited to start making friends around this place.. I've just recently started to reach out a bit :P btw, I love lists.. haha so you're blog is pretty excellent! Adding you to my links as well!

    cheers to all!

    ReplyDelete