Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pointless rambling

I can't believe it's June already! I've been home for about 3 weeks and I have done 50 different deep-clean/re-organize/donate-stuff days. Yeah not really 50 but I feel like I shouldn't have to do this so often. My new theory is that I should be able to pack everything in my room when I move out and not leave anything behind for my family to have to deal with; to get rid of everything that I won't need if I moved out. Each time I do this it's easier to let go of the really lame things I have no use for. I think rearranging my room helped a lot because then I had to create a new space for everything in my room... I couldn't just leave the most of it wherever it was.

I have a few more bags and boxes to conquer before I move onto my bookshelf, and then back to my closet. I have donated clothes countless times over this last year but I still have stuff I don't wear. All my old art from high school... some of it great art, some of it just practice and not worthy of showing off.

My bookshelf will be difficult. Which books do I leave behind and which do I keep for when I am building my own library? What about all my cd cases... They are fine where they are, I just have a few cds that I really wouldn't mind throwing in the garbage.

I have found that boxes and extra compartments for organizing just drive me nuts! I feel like I keep more things when I have these extra storage places. No need! Get rid of it!!!!! I have a box that I have been throwing stuff in just because it doesn't belong anywhere. I have a bag full of some things I don't need now but will need when I have my own place, ie measuring cups, Halloween decorations, bubbles...Bubbles? hah yeah I don't know but I feel like one day I'll need some.

Another thing to clean? My walls! Yes my walls. Oi. I have so many posters I can't take them down cuz they'd have nowhere to go. Okay I don't feel like rambling anymore. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment