Saturday, March 8, 2008

S of C, part one of many to come

S of C = Stream of Consciousness

Wow, I'm such a stinker! I just REMEMBERED I have a blog. And it's...March. In any case, I'll pretend all that time that passed was absolutely nothing.

Today has been a wonderful day. I'm so happy at home. Being away at school and then coming back here reminds me how awesome my family is and how much they mean to me. I came home and missed our last home basketball game, against our biggest rival ..so that I could have more time to hang out with my family--that says a lot right there!

I really don't know what to write here. I'm not really a poet or a person that has the greatest way with words. I guess I'll just start with some rambling.

As far as my New Years resolutions go, I am holding to the yoga one. I've been told I look more "sculpted".. I feel great--that's for sure! My other resolution about going to bed, not so much. It's been too hard to go to bed early, but I am doing alright. Usually it's about 12 or 12:30.

I am currently trying to decide which day(s) to go to the Sasquatch festival. I am definitely going Sunday, but none of my friends are going that day so I want to pick a day they'll be there too. It'll probably be Saturday. Then I can find a ride there Saturday, camp out with my friends, go on Sunday, and then ride home with my sister who is coming JUST for Sunday.

I've made some really fun friends this year--they are real different from the types of people I've always hung out with. It's refreshing to have some new people in my life. It opens me up to new things.. I am trying to be open minded and not judge people for what they do or what they believe in, their family background, or even their opinions. I'll be honest, it's real hard sometimes. I am trying. Sometimes I need to think about what I am saying before it comes out.. when I am nervous and I am alone with someone I just ramble and ramble. Sometimes I say things I don't mean. But nobody is perfect. I am definitely not the exception.

My view has changed completely! I feel like such a beautiful person now because of college. I don't say that in a conceided way. I just feel beautiful. I have so much love and I want love for everyone. I believe that deep down somewhere everyone has a kind heart. How can you not? Just look around and appreciate the beauty of the world. Yeah, there is some pretty messed up stuff that goes on out there, I know. I may not have experienced it firsthand, but I am not naive. I am being educated more and more everyday! But you've go to find the beauty in the world. You've got to open your eyes and look around. You have to appreciate the good things. The sun, the stars, a warm summer night, beautiful green trees (thank goodness I live on the west side of the state), music! Mother of all that is Good! MUSIC! Emotions! That fluttery feeling you get in your stomache when someone special walks around the corner and your eyes meet. The warmth of a hug from a friend or from family. Revolutions! I believe we are living in a really cool time in history. So much is happening around us. People are thinking for themselves and wanting to change the world! Wanting to bring some love back into this place! Man. It's incredible.

I'm outta here. I didn't bring my laptop home from school for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment