Saturday, March 15, 2008

S of c, part two

Spring Break is almost over. Tonight is my last night in town and I'll meet my ride in North Bend at 1:15 tomorrow afternoon. Man I love it here; I am a proud resident of the Pacific Northwest. What a place to be! The trees, the wet air, the mountains and lakes! When I'm in Pullman I miss these things. Though I will admit, there are some great things about Pullman you cannot experience here. The stars out on the eastside of the mountains... are breathtaking. The sky is so much deeper. The sunsets are almost always incredible, the sunrises--so I've heard--are well worth the all nighter. When it comes to seasons in Pullman, there are only two: Summer and Winter. Summer lasts from the end of May to September and Winter takes up all the other months. If you were to argue that Autumn existed, I might give you a two-day span in which one day there are leaves on the trees and then they're gone the next, (blown away by a gnarly wind that is bringing in a snow storm that evening.) But that's really all. And as for Spring? It's pretty much still Winter.

In any case, since it is said weather is a last resort or "comfortable" conversation I guess I'll branch out a little more.

This week being home has brought some things to my attention. I've noticed that I don't hesitate to tell people how I feel much anymore. Whatever is on my mind just pops right out. Fortunately I also have the balls to apologize later and acknowledge that I was out of line... but I really should hold my tongue. Sometimes it can hurt people and an apology really doesn't help the matter. I attacked my dad for making a comment about Robin Lopez being gay, (apparently he runs very effeminately). For some reason, even though I am not gay myself, I am very offended when people use the word in a negative way. It's just not respectful. Gay is not a synonym for stupid. And the word retarded shouldn't be used in that way either; I need to work on that one myself. Anyways, I've said some things to people that I really shouldn't have. What happened? I used to allllllways keep things to myself. I never stood up for myself--I just took it in and stored it inside til it made my explode. Now I am either a little too confident, or there is something wrong and I am attacking other people to get out my frustration. The funny thing is though, I don't feel stressed. I am happy! I feel great! Life is beautiful!

New thoughts popping into my head and I must go with them.

My list of things to do before I die needs to become a physical list and not just a funny one that changes every day in my head. It starts here, with the places I want to see:

1. Go to the depths of a rainforest and experience the wonder and life that exists there.
2. Visit Iceland and ...revel in the view.
3. Germany.
4. China.
5. Tokyo perhaps? I'd like to see really how crowded it is in the city, experience the closeness...
6. Montreal, Quebec--apparently they have sweet dance clubs.
7. Philadelphia.
8. Samoa? Hmmmm
9. Travel the length of the Mississippi River to the ocean.
10. India.
11. Egypt.. see the pyramids!
12. Hike to the Mayan ruins and Incan ruins
13. Experience Mexico

and now just some other random things:
14. Learn to dance the Tango, the Salsa
15. Shave my head?
16. Fly to another state, or country, just to see a band play
17. Meet Incubus.
18. Write a song
19. Perform something
20. Play the tambourine in a band
21. ....

Okay now I'm just being silly. Perhaps I should just go catch some Zzz's. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment