Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thoughts

As I ready myself for my departure, I am experiencing a multitude of emotions. At first, I was full of excitement, then nervousness, then excitement again... Now I am feeling some sort of bittersweet something.. I've made some pretty cool new friends this summer and weaved closer bonds with others. I am so sad to leave them. I have to keep reminding myself that I am ONLY gone for 4 months and it's just like going to Pullman for regular school anyway just without Thanksgiving break. The Warmth by Incubus. I am sad to leave my family again also. They are so supportive of me and they are all so excited for this awesome opportunity for adventure I have ahead of me. I really am lucky to have such a fantastic family. I Can't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin. One day when I'm all grown up and moved out, I hope that my family is close to me still. I don't want to have to fly across the country to see them..That'd be like moving away from my best friends! The people that make me laugh and smile the most! Sigh. I am feeling creative, I think I'll paint something. Of course, after I take off my brand new black skinny pants that are the most comfy pants I have EVER owned! I wouldn't want to ruin them :)

I hope everyone is having a fantastic time enjoying life and taking advantage of every opportunity that comes their way. You only have one life....so live it well! Strip My Mind by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Holy granola, Strip My Mind's solo is so stinkin mind blowing.

3 comments:

  1. i wish you the best of luck in Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katy! I hope all is great in Italy. I'm sure you're sitting in some internet cafe with the minutes draining faster than you have time to think. Here's a link to my blog that I kind of kept in Italy....http://kpgoestoitaly.blog.com/564052/ Maybe you're there... maybe not. I've been thinking about you and hope that you are finding comfort within the longing to accomplish. May you find joy there. Keep in touch. - Katie Petersen

    ReplyDelete